If you would like to make a donation of food to the Emergency Food Bank please bring non-perishable items to the Community Life Centre located at 200 Rutland Rd S.
In order to receive your donation of food there are several health and safety guidelines we are required to follow:
- Items must be unopened in their factory sealed container.
- Items cannot be past their expiry dates.
At this time we are experiencing a shortage of food, please consider a donation of the following essential items.
Items we currently need:
- Proteins: Canned meats such as tuna, chicken or fish, peanut butter
- Soups and Stews: canned “chunky” soups or stews
- Rice and Pasta and pasta sauce
- Cereal including oatmeal
- Canned vegetables including tomatoes and tomato sauce
- Canned Beans and/or peas
- Canned fruits
- Fruit Juice (canned, plastic, or boxed)
- Prepared Box mixes such as macaroni and cheese or hamburger helpers
- Shelf stable milk or milk products including evaporated milk, instant breakfasts
Items we cannot accept:
- Homemade foods, as nice as the thought is, we cannot give these out
- Rusty, dented or unlabeled cans
- Noncommercial canned items
- Alcoholic beverages or sodas
- Open packages
- Items not in original packaging
For more information, please contact our Community Life Centre Monday to Friday at 250 765-3450 option 2.