Christmas is a time when we as a community come together to care for others. This year, we have experienced a 61% increase in need from our community, with 47% of those accessing our services having never come to us for support before.
There are many ways that you can help make a difference in our community this Christmas Season – with enhanced safety protocols.
- VOLUNTEER – Sign-up to Ring the Bells at a Salvation Army Kettle in Kelowna. Two-hours can make a huge difference, and enhanced safety protocols will be in place (use of PPE and sanitization throughout the day)! Call 250-860-2329 x113 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DONATE –
- In Person: You can drop off your financial / toy / food donations at either Kelowna Community Church (1480 Sutherland Ave.) or at our Thrift Store (200 Rutland Rd. South).
- Mail: The Salvation Army, 1480 Sutherland Ave. Kelowna, BC. V1Y 5Y5
- Phone: For Visa/Mastercard donations call: 250-860-2329 x100
- Web: Click Here
- HOST A VIRTUAL KETTLE – You can host your own Virtual Kettle on your Social Media or Website. Set a goal and challenge friends and family to support your kettle. To sign-up go to www.FillTheKettle.com
- TOYS – Every child deserves a new toy under the tree on Christmas morning. You can help make this possible by donating a new, unwrapped toy this Christmas. For some toy suggestions, check out the 2020 Toy Catalogue. Christmas Blessing Catalogue 2020
- FOOD – By supporting our Christmas Food Drives, you are helping to stock the shelves of our Food Bank for year-round support to those in need.