With COVID-19 a continuing concern in our community, the Kelowna Salvation Army is taking several measures to ensure the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, guests, donors, customers and congregants:
- Our church services are available via live-stream each Sunday at 10:30 am on Facebook (FACEBOOK: The Salvation Army Kelowna) and on YouTube (Kelowna Community Church). Please note that there will be no in-person attendance until further notice.
- Our Church and Administrative offices at 1480 Sutherland Ave. are OPEN to the public from 9 am – 12 PM and 1 PM – 4 PM Monday to Friday.
- Through our Community Life Centre, while we will continue to assist those in need. Guests are encouraged to call our offices (250-765-3450) to book an appointment. All guests will be assisted in the CLC foyer by meeting with a Caseworker. It is requested that you arrive no more than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time and masks are REQUIRED to be worn for all who are entering the facility. Designated waiting areas have been set up in the front foyer. Please note that there is LIMITED delivery for those unable to come pick-up their food hamper. Please speak to your caseworker if this service is needed.
- Food support is available up to 6 times for 2021. Our services are an ADDITIONAL support to that given by the Central Okanagan Food Bank or the Lake Country Food Bank. You DO NOT have to access their services prior to receiving support from The Salvation Army.
- The Donation Welcome Centre (200 Rutland Rd. South) is OPEN from 10 am – 2 PM, Monday to Saturday (Closed on Sundays). Please note that we no longer accept furniture items.
- The Thrift Store located at 200 Rutland Road South is OPEN from 10 am – 5 PM, Monday to Saturday.
- If you have a Prayer Concern or Request, please email us at: email@example.com
- To make a financial donation to support our work during this time, please go to: DONATE
- Salvation Army personnel have been provided with enhanced disinfectant and sanitation materials, and extra measures have been put in place to ensure that all surfaces and touch points throughout our facilities are cleaned frequently throughout the day.
We take these precautions not out of fear, but out of love for all those that we are blessed to journey with. Throughout these days, we would ask that each of us take time to reach out to those in our personal community who are vulnerable or ill as to assess how we each can best love and support one another.
If you know of someone experiencing challenges in these days, we are here to help! Please give us a call so that we can assess how best we can support.
Community Life Centre – 250-765-3450
Church Office – 250-860-2329