With the rising concern surrounding the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Kelowna Salvation Army is taking several measures to ensure the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, guests, donors, customers and congregants.
- UPDATE: Beginning Sunday, July 5th we will be RESUMING in-person worship gatherings. There will be many safety measures and protocols in place for the service and details can be found on the letter from Captain Darryl Burry (Church Re-opening – June 24, 2020). PLEASE NOTE: You MUST reserve your spot in advance of Sunday by calling the church office at 250-860-2329 as only 50 people will be permitted to attend (as per the BC Provincial Health Officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry). Please note that we will continue to stream the service each week. It will be LIVE on Facebook (FACEBOOK: The Salvation Army Kelowna) and on YouTube (Kelowna Community Church).
- Through our Community Life Centre, while we will continue to assist those in need. Guests are encouraged to call our offices (250-765-3450), at which time a Case Worker will collect basic information such as Name, Address, Dietary Concerns and Number of Members of Household. Guests will be provided with a pick-up date and time (NOTE: delivery is available for seniors and those with mobility issues). When arriving at the CLC, guests will come to the FRONT DOORS where they will connect with a caseworker (this area has been set up for physically distanced conversations). Once checked in, a pre-packed food hamper will be provided.
- We are now hosting small group gatherings at the church. These gatherings are being held in the sanctuary and comply with all physical distancing and sanitation measures. As there is a limit of 10 people permitted, those who would like to attend must sign-up for a designated time by calling the church office.
- UPDATE: The Donation Welcome Centre (200 Rutland Rd. South) is OPEN from 10 am – 2 PM, Monday to Saturday (Closed on Sundays). All traditional items will be excepted with the exception of cloth/fabric furniture items (hard surface items will be accepted as they can be sanitized prior to being placed on the sales floor).
- The Thrift Store located at 200 Rutland Road South is OPEN from 10 am – 4 PM, Monday to Saturday.
- Food support is available up to 12 times for 2020. Our services are an ADDITIONAL support to that given by the Central Okanagan Food Bank or the Lake Country Food Bank. You DO NOT have to access their services prior to receiving support from The Salvation Army.
- Our Church and Administrative offices at 1480 Sutherland Ave. are CLOSED. Staff are still available by phone and can be reached by calling the church switchboard (250-860-2329).
- KELSA Connect is a worship / devotional / prayer time led by the Pastoral Team and will be posted on our Facebook Page each Monday / Wednesday / Friday. These will also be uploaded to our YouTube channel.
- If you have a Prayer Concern or Request, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To make a financial donation to support our work during this time, please go to: DONATE
- Salvation Army personnel have been provided with enhanced disinfectant and sanitation materials, and extra measures have been put in place to ensure that all surfaces and touch points throughout our facilities are cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- In partnership with the Kelowna Gospel Mission, we are providing an evening meal service to our homeless / transient community each day in the downtown core AND a lunch meal service (Monday – Friday) at the Community Life Centre in Rutland.
We take these precautions not out of fear, but out of love for all those that we are blessed to journey with. Throughout these days, we would ask that each of us take time to reach out to those in our personal community who are vulnerable or ill as to assess how we each can best love and support one another.
If you know of someone experiencing challenges in these days, we are here to help! Please give us a call so that we can assess how best we can support.
Community Life Centre – 250-765-3450
Church Office – 250-860-2329